first graphic


Group Care
Extended Care/Long Term Care

Persons in need of greater supervision and care than is available to them in their present independent living arrangement may apply for placement in an assisted facility. Elko County provides health care assistance and institutional care for residents who qualify as medically indigent and who do not have resources of general, state or community programs for needed health care.  Eligibility is based on Department standards.
Applicants will be screened by applying Medicare and Medicaid standards to determine the level of care.