first graphic

Marriages & Ministers

Basic Information 
Marriage licenses are issued by appointment only in the Elko County Clerk's Office from 9:00 a.m. to
3:00 p.m., Pacific Time, Monday through Friday (Excluding Holidays). To schedule an appointment, please call (775) 753-4600 (Option 0).

The West Wendover City Hall, acting as an agent for the Elko County Clerk, may also issue marriage licenses. For more information you may contact West Wendover City Hall at (775) 664-3081 or visit

Identification is required. The Elko County Clerk's Office may accept the following: 
  • Driver's License, instruction permit or identification card
  • Passport
    • Birth Certificate along with any secondary document that contains the name and a photograph of the applicant
    • Military Identification Card or Military Dependent Identification Card
    • Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship, Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Resident Card
Pursuant to NRS 122.025, a minor who is 17 years of age may marry only if the minor has consent of: either parent or  the minor's legal guardian AND the minor also obtains authorization from a district court.

If the person applying is currently divorced or obtained an annulment, the Clerk requires the person to provide the date, city and state where the Decree of Divorce or Decree of Annulment was filed. 

If the person applying is a widow or widower, the Clerk requires the person to provide the date, city and state where the death occurred. 

Marriage Licenses expire one year after the date of issuance and may be used only in the State of Nevada. 
Marriage License Fee is $75.00 through June 30, 2021.  Beginning July 1, 2021, the fee will increase to $100.00.  Cash or credit card only.  No checks accepted.