first graphic

FAQ Phone Numbers

775-738-6816              For questions relating to zoning, setbacks, building permits or parceling land, contact Community Development. 
775-738-3108   For topographical maps, quad maps, and for the Elko County map, try our public records  page.  Or you can try Map House or the following website -
  Power Companies 
775-738-3188 Sierra Pacific Power 
775-752-3328 Wells Rural Electric 
208-645-2211 RaftRiver Electric 
800-832-2555 Southwest Gas 
  State Offices 
775-753-3553 For permit information on wells, call State Water Resources. 
775-753-1102 For information on water rights, Division of Water Resources. 
775-753-1138 For requirements for putting in a well and septic system, call the Department of Health. 
775-777-2700 For questions about access to parcels along state highways, call Nevada Department of Transportation. 
775-684-2940 For questions about mobile homes and titling of Mobile homes contact State of Nevada Manufactured Housing Division at 
  Phone Companies
800-921-8101 Frontier Communications 
800-629-9993 Beehive Telephone Company Inc, of Nevada 
  City Entities 
775-777-7110 City of Elko 
775-738-7135 Elko Area Chamber of Commerce, City of Elko 
775-754-6354 City of Carlin 
775-752-3355 City of Wells 
775-752-3540 Chamber of Commerce, City of Wells 
775-664-3081 City of Wendover 
775-664-3188 Chamber of Commerce, City of Wendover 
  Title Companies
775-738-5181 Stewart Title Company
775-738-7101 First American Title Company    775-738-4015 Fax
For Tax Amounts
775-738-5694 Elko CountyTreasurer
  For Assessment Information and Assessor Plats
775-738-5217 Elko County Assessor     775-778-6795 Fax
Please note the Assessor’s office has information about assessed values, ownership, and parcel size only.  We do not have records on soil composition, zoning, setbacks, and annual precipitation or water table levels or water quality.  We cannot give opinions as to whether or not any parcel is worth purchasing.  We cannot speculate as to whether or not parcels which are being considered for purchase may be in an area where there could be growth.  Regretfully, we cannot give driving directions to many of the parcels in our county, since many do not even have roads that go to them.  We can do our best to provide you with maps which may be useful to you and in some instances may be able to provide GPS coordinates that may assist you in locating your property.  We do not have information on water rights or mineral rights, and we do not perform title searches or undertake research to determine whether or not there is access to any given parcel.  Most routine data can be retrieved from the Elko county website:  Click on Departments, then Assessor, and then upon  reaching the Assessor home page, click on the link to view the records. 
  For Recording Information
775-738-6526 Elko County Recorder
                         Federal Offices
775-753-0200 Bureau of Land Management (local office)
775-861-6500 Bureau of Land Management Public Affairs Office (Reno office)
775-779-2237 Fish & Wildlife Services
775-738-5322 Geological Survey Water Resources
775-738-6445 Consolidated Farm Service Agency
775-738-5171 Humboldt Nation Forest Headquarters     Toll Free Visitor Information 1.800.764.3359
775-738-0571 Bureau of Indian Affairs, Dept. of the Interior
775-738-3341 United States Department of Agriculture/ Soil Conservation website (Soil maps for private lands and aerial maps)